Monday, August 25, 2008

Leaving Texas on to Georgia

Well, Jeremy is finally in the "real" Army. He graduated his AIT. I am so proud of him. We are now in Georgia. We LOVE it here so far. Our good friends the Blanchards are here as well. It helps to have "family" close by. I can literally see their back door. It has been great. We also found a WELS church that we absolutely LOVE!! Everyone is so great. They have a playgroup that is open to the public. Last week we went to the YMCA pools. It was a blast. On Friday we went to a Mexican fiesta at the church. It was a lot of fun. Good food, bingo and free babysitting for the kids. It was fantastic! Leah has been clingy though lately, so I spent most of the time in the playroom with her and the kids. I have also joined the Moms Club of Augusta. The ladies all seemed really nice and the kids are mostly Leah's age. I am hoping this helps with her social skills. She is super smart, but doesn't get much playtime with kids her own age, besides Skyler Jr.

We are getting settled into the house pretty well. I am not the most organized person, so it has been a slow process. The girls rooms are done though. Our room is the only one left really. I am back into the old routine finally. I really do enjoy cooking. I guess that is a good thing, because no one else in the house knows how! Our new place is pretty nice. We have tile floors though. Not nice tile, like school hall tile. We had to buy a few rugs, which was a huge expense. But it makes cleanups easier. I really like the setup. The kitchen is pretty big and it can be completely closed off from the rest of the house. Our backyard is really nice. It is very private. It isn't very big, but there is woods all behind it. Our next door neighbors on one side only can see in it. I will put pictures up of it in a few days.


Jeremy and I went to this really cute place called Miss Hattie's. It was an old bordello at one time. We got a little nervous when we walked in. We thought it was going to break the bank. But is was just a regular family restaurant.

Some of the scenery we left in Texas. I saw my first tumbleweed and first cactus there.


Lauren sleeping in Elliette's jumperoo. So cute!


Leah was so happy our little family was all back together again.

No comments: