Monday, October 13, 2008

My baby is two!!

I can't believe it has been two years since I first held my precious little miracle baby, Leah. I was looking at her pictures the other day and started to remember how long I prayed to have her. I started crying looking at her newborn pictures. When did she get so big? Is this how I will always feel? Like I blinked and she grew up when I wasn't looking? I am enjoying watching her little personality just take off! She is talking more and more. The tantrums are on and off....she is like a ticking bomb. :-) But, I actually love her being this age! She is learning so much all the time. We were reading a book today about shapes. I asked her to find the circle and she pointed it right out. She is also learning her colors. She can pick out yellow, blue, green and purple. The rest are hit or miss. Her favorite color is yellow. She is funny with her friends too. With the bigger kids (2 and 3 year olds) she plays fine. But with the kids that are younger than her....she is terrible! She is terrified they are going to take her stuff. She is pretty good with Lauren. She get jealous of her sometimes. It is especially bad when Jeremy or I am holding Lauren. Leah says "my mama!" or "my daddy!". I have been trying to give her more individual attention in the mornings when Lauren is still asleep. I think it is helping. Jeremy has been taking her to do fun stuff just them too. She loves to color. Today she decided she liked the brown crayon and she colored every page in her Dora coloring book with it. Brown of all colors! She is so funny. Her best friend is Skyler Jr. (I think). He is the one kid that doesn't take any of her crap! Plus he is way cool because he is almost three. She went to his house the other day to play. She was so cute when we picked her up. She just loves him! She gave him hugs and kisses before we left. Leah is so sweet to me. She has her 2 year old "moments" still, but generally she is a good girl. She is always wanting to cuddle with me and "read" me stories and sing me songs. I am so grateful I have been able to stay home with the kids the last ten months. Wow, I can't believe it has been even that long! I am going to start with more "preschool" activities now that she is so big. It has been an awesome two years! I thank God every day for blessing us with that girl! with both girls! They are my miracles!!! Praise God!




Aunt Ashely and Elliette at the birthday party


Leah screaming "PARTY!!"


Dominic, Skyler and Leah giggling and running around


Leah's Commissary Birthday cake


Leah and friends eating cake


The chaos that was my house during the party




Leah at her 2 year checkup. She was 24 pounds and 32 inches tall. She is little but perfectly healthy! She also decided that she LOOOOOOVES going to the doctor's office.


Lauren had her 6 month checkup late with Leah's and she was 15 lb 1 oz and 24 inches long.



Leah eating her birthday lunch and a cupcake


Having birthday dinner at an Italian place in town


Leah's homemade birthday cake on her actual birthday



Eating her cherry chip cake with chocolate frosting and cookies and cream ice cream (she picked it all out at the store)




Playing at Kindergym on her birthday


having cupcakes with her friends at Kindergym


Some of the moms and kids from the Meetup group





Playing with her cool new cellphone Grandma Sachs sent her


Opening her card from Aunt Beth and cousin Amelia


She had Mickey Mouse pancakes with syrup and sprinkles with eggs and sausage for her birthday breakfast...way to get her all sugared up and ready for the day!!


Opening her gift from the Zondervans....YAY!







Another pic from Kindergym on her birthday. She liked "riding" the animals

No comments: