Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Healthier Me

I am really feeling motivated today about losing my weight! I love it when I have a really good diet/exercise day! I have been trying to do little things to be more active. Every morning Leah and I dance. This morning we danced for an hour and ten minutes!! We had so much fun. It has been warming up outside a little too. So I am going to force myself to stop being so dang lazy and start walking. Anybody want to join me? We have tons of trails and tracks and neighborhoods on post just calling my name. I think my Dad's heart problems and diabetes diagnosis was a real wake up call for me. I have both illnesses on both sides of my family. I want to stay healthy for my girls and for myself. Jeremy and I have both been trying to drop a few pounds. So far so good! I am trying really hard to fill up on veggies at dinner instead of the main dish. Tonight was an easy diet night for me. I made manicotti and broccoli. Let me tell you, I HATE manicotti. Like I hate it with a passion. The texture is so disgusting. YUCK! I think I ate a cup and a half of broccoli and I only ate half of a manicotti. I am from Michigan and one thing we Michiganders like to have with dinner is bread. Well, I held off on that as well. I have been buying more tortillas and less bread. Some of the meals we have had lately...beef or pork stir fry with tortillas, mexican stuffed peppers (turkey instead of beef), homemade pizza with turkey pepperoni, baked chicken among others (recipes available). I think my biggest thing is portion control. Also, we haven't cut out all of the sweets out of our diets. Like today I had a couple chocolate chip cookies. I just think if I don't let myself have something that I like to eat....this diet will fail. I am totally staying within my calorie intake as well. Like today I actually have 825 calories remaining. I don't know what to do about that! I earned an extra 414 with dancing. Crazy! I have a long way to go with my weight loss. But I am on my way to a healthier me. YAY!

No comments: