Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award!



Thanks to my friend HyperactiveLu for giving me this award!! Part of it is that I have to list 7 random facts about me. So here goes:

1. I hate to clean. That is no secret if you have ever been to my house!! Laundry is the worst. I have a real problem getting it all done and then folding and then putting it away!! Yuck! I hate laundry!!!

2. I sometimes feel very inadequate as a mother.

3. I love to sing and I pray my children develop a love for music as well. I think it started with my Grandparents. They always were very encouraging. They made a big deal about my singing when I was little. My Grandpa would take me to different plays and "shows" because he knew it was something we both enjoyed very much. They always made a point to be there for every concert, play or competition I was ever in. In our family we get together for holidays like any other family. But a special thing our family does is we sing together. We gather around the piano with our Lutheran hymnal and we sing. This was a little culture shock for my husband. He wasn't used to it at all!! I think that is something that makes my family special and unique.

4. We tried to get pregnant for 3 years when we were first married. Then we ended up doing in vitro because my fertility doctors said it wouldn't happen on its own. :) We had Leah and then TWO more, naturally!! I am so thankful for those babies of mine. I think longing for a child and having to go through what we went through to have Leah makes me even more appreciative of them. They are little blessings. Sometimes they try my patience and I wonder how I am going to get through the day. BUT, they are wonderful and I wouldn't trade them for the world!

5. I am not a dog person. I have a dog and I love that little rat of a canine. But I am not a dog person. I told myself I would never get another puppy when we re homed Carly. She was a 90 pound mutt and the most lovable sweetest doggie ever. She let Leah crawl all over her and poke her in the eyes and bite her ears. She was great. But we were moving to Texas into a tiny apartment from a big house with a yard. It wasn't fair to her. She has a great home and is very happy there. She has a farm to run around on and a loving owner.

6. I mourn the loss of my cats terribly. Again the Texas thing. I had my cats for 8 years, Stuart and Stanley. I had them all ready to fly to Texas and we found out that I had to fly them and my Mom couldn't. It was purely a financial thing. The airline told us it would be $90 each to fly them because of the military discount. Well, because my Mom was the one shipping them to us, she couldn't get the discount. That was even with them having a copy of my ID and I was paying. It would have been close to $700 to fly my two cats to us. We just didn't have it. But again they have a great home with kids. I hope they are spoiled in their old age. I do miss them. I was so lucky to have found them a GOOD home at the very last minute.

7. I respect my husband. He has done so much for me and our little family. He never complains about being the provider. He is a genuinely good guy. Of course he has his faults, like every does. But I love that man! He loves his children so much. It is a joy and a privilege to watch him with them. The only Father figure I had growing up was my Grandpa. He was a great father figure. But I always longed to have a relationship with my Dad. He is toxic though so it just was never possible. It is really neat to see how a Dad is supposed to be with Jeremy. I love the fact that when Lauren is hurt or afraid she wants him. It only hurts my feelings for a second then I get over it. :) I love that Leah can't wait to tell her Daddy everything about her day. I love the way Micah's face lights up when he sees his hero, his Daddy. I am so proud of Jeremy for what he is doing for our family and our country. I know it is very frustrating at times for him. He has worked so hard to be where he is. He did that for me, for our kids. I think he is pretty great. I love you Jeremy VanVeelen! Thanks for being my husband and the father of our children!


Well, there are 7 random things about me. I guess I have to pick 7 blogs to tag. So here goes:

http://blanchardadventures.blogspot.com/
http://sarraht.blogspot.com/
http://theharkinsblog.blogspot.com/?zx=cecc54f56714e34e
http://hodgeshomeschool.blogspot.com/
http://thebrownsofevans.blogspot.com/
http://thefitzgibbonfamily.blogspot.com/
http://dailykyliefix.blogspot.com/

Okay girls! I look forward to reading your 7 random facts!! :)

No comments: